Friday, July 30, 2010

7/29 Arches National Park, UT



I almost bypassed Arches because it was pouring for two hours before I got there and thought the weather would ruin the experience; I'm glad I reconsidered and was especially thrilled that Mother Nature even cooperated.

While the place has some similar physical characteristics of a few other parks, there was certainly a uniqueness about the way these rocks have been eroded.





I thought that looked like a boot.


A rhinoceros skull?







The picture on the Utah license plate is based on that particular arch.

I guess it makes sense that this arch appeared at Arches National Park.

When I saw this, I sort of felt like the "double rainbow guy" from youtube. In case anybody hasn't seen it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI











No comments:

Post a Comment