Saturday, July 24, 2010

7/22 California Coast (Carmel to L.A.)

I finished up the coastal route to Los Angeles last night. It was dark, so I missed out on the scenery of the last hour or so of the trip, including Santa Barbara.

What an amazing road! It's too bad there isn't an "Atlantic Coast Highway" that's as beautiful as this.



Carmel

Carmel, looking towards a section of the famous golf course, "Pebble Beach."

Carmel







I want to live in this house!





This little ground squirrel had no fear. He's obviously accustomed to people and begging for food; he actually followed me... I almost thought he was going to attack my shoes.



I found a great beach that was full of these gigantic elephant seals.



Hearst Castle is way up on that hill.



1 comment:

  1. California is right next door. What is your ETA for Arizona?

    ReplyDelete