Tuesday, July 13, 2010

7/12 Oregon Coast, pt. 1

Today I finally made it to Oregon! I was here about 10 years ago and couldn't wait to come back.


The big Columbia River separates Washington and Oregon, and the bridge across drops you off in the middle of Astoria, Oregon. What a great town! It also happens to be a favorite spot for film locations.... including one of my favorite childhood 80's films -- The Goonies. I had to find something from the film...

And this was Mikey's house from The Goonies. The house to the left is where "Data" lived.


I had no intention of looking for this... but one block away from the Goonies house, was Astor Elementary School... which looked so familiar. It was the location for Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie, Kindergarten Cop.

This is the beautiful Cannon Beach... also featured in the movie, The Goonies.







I decided to get a room at a motel in Lincoln City, Oregon. This is the view from my room.

After watching the sunset tonight... I immediately went downstairs and let the front desk know I'll be staying a couple more days. After the amount of miles I've been putting on the past 3 weeks... I decided I need a vacation from my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment