Wednesday, July 7, 2010

7/6 Sawtooth & Salmon River Scenic Byways - Idaho

Yesterday, starting near Twin Falls, I drove two connecting scenic byways through central Idaho up into Montana.



This is the Snake River Canyon in Twin Rivers, Idaho, and not far from the bridge is where Evel Knievel attempted his famous 1974 jump (unsuccessfully). The bridge happens to be one of the few places in the U.S. where base jumping is legal. Apparently, I missed seeing two guys jumping by 3o seconds. Darn!












I've been very lucky with the weather. It rained overnight while in Milwaukee, had a brief 5-minute downpour in eastern Wyoming while driving, and it drizzled a bit yesterday. Other than that, mother nature has been cooperative.




Driving into Butte, Montana, where I spent the night, I noticed that the sun shining through the clouds created an incredible "star" shape on that mountain.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Eric, Amazing photos and adventures so far. To bad you don't have a Flat Stanley to take with you on the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, Carol! I was thinking the exact same thing the past few days.

    ReplyDelete