Sunday, July 25, 2010

7/23 Los Angeles, CA

Even though one could vacation weeks in L.A. and still not see everything, I only spent a day there. I mainly just drove to the beach, cruised through Beverly Hills and Hollywood, and caught a Dodger game last night. I lucked out because the Mets just so happened to be in town!


Malibu.

The beach and pier in Santa Monica.

All the lifeguard stands in the area are painted in artistic, funky colors.

One of the hotspots of street ball, Venice Beach... where Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes filmed "White Men Can't Jump."

"Muscle Beach" in Venice.

Beverly Hills High School. Something tells me that teaching in that school would get on my nerves.

Wolfgang Puck's famous "Spago" in Beverly Hills.

Rodeo Drive


The Beverly Wilshire Hotel. I wish I could say that I stayed there.

The famous "Whisky a Go G0" club in West Hollywood, where many popular L.A. bands get their start. The Doors used to be the club's house band back in the 60's.

Johnny Depp's club, "The Viper Room", also known as the place where River Phoenix died.

Driving down the Sunset Strip.

The "Kodak Theatre", where they hold the Oscars.

Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

The home of Jimmy Kimmel Live.




Dodger Stadium

This was the view from my seat.



Looking upon downtown L.A. from the Dodger Stadium parking lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment