Thursday, July 29, 2010

7/27 - 7/28 Zion National Park, UT

I must say that I got a little emotional as I hiked through the Zion Canyon. It is truly a special place and no surprise that early Native Americans were drawn to this region.




















Underneath a trickling waterfall






The clouds started rolling in... it rained overnight.



This is where I camped for the evening and the view I woke up to!



As I left the park towards the east, the characteristics of the land changed a great deal.





4 comments:

  1. Hi Eric,

    I don't know you (I'm one of Jim's friends), but I just had to share in your joy over Zion. It's truly an amazing place, and it's certainly my favorite national park that I've visited, thus far. You're having one hell of a trip!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily. Thanks for the message. Are you the friend that also has an Element?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! That would be me. And I've taken note of your bedroom ideas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Major feature of the park is Zion Canyon which cuts through the Vavajo Sandstone at depths of up to half a mile and stretches for 15 miles.

    Places to Stay in Bryce National Park

    ReplyDelete