Tuesday, July 13, 2010

7/11 - 7/12 Washington Coast

I left Seattle and drove around to the other side of the Sound. From there, I decided to make a big loop around the Olympic Peninsula. It was a foggy, overcast day, and I didn't see much until I made it to the coast. The clouds remained both days as I headed south.



From Bainbridge Island, facing Seattle.


For a while, this was pretty much the only scenery I saw.

After looping the peninsula, I found this gem, "Ruby Beach", which had some great sea stacks and a large amount of interesting driftwood decorating the beach.

The beach was also covered in smooth rocks... a perfect spot for rock collectors.

Land shark!






The central Washington coast was very soft and smooth... much like eastern beaches.

Back to some rocky coast line.

A cute little lighthouse.


This Cape didn't live up it's name... it was actually quite beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment