Sunday, July 11, 2010

7/10 Seattle, WA

Seattle would be a fun city to live. It's a very social city... a great number of hang-outs all over the place. And it's definitely a creative place; of course it's well known for producing great bands, but I also saw a great number of street performers... also lots of artists selling their work.

They say it rains all the time in these parts, but once again, the weather was outstanding for me.

7/9:

The Columbia River in the middle of Washington heading towards Seattle. I had no idea that central Washington was high desert.

7/10 - Seattle:
View from on top of the Space Needle.

Mt. Rainier (60 miles away) in the background... along with stadiums for the Seahawks and Mariners.

Looking down upon an ABC news affiliate station, which is also used for the exterior shots of the fictional hospital, "Seattle Grace", on the show, Grey's Anatomy.



The Space Needle.


The very first Starbucks.

Pike Place Market.

The famous "Pike Place Fish Market" which has been featured on television, documentaries, and several books. Watch out for the low-flying fish!

I found a nice little park with a great view of the city.


2 comments:

  1. We will be there on the 24th and intend on checking out Mt. Rainier on our way up to Canada. Seeing these pictures gets me even more excited for going out there. Hope you took the Seattle Underground tour while you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Billy. Nah... I didn't do that tour.. oh well! Regarding Rainier... some guy on the Space Needle said they can only see Mt. Rainier about 90 days out of the year. I was going to go -- but didn't plan it out verywell -- I was planning on hitting it up coming from the east... and when I got down in that area, I realized I needed to go all the way around... and then didn't have enough time.

    ReplyDelete