Saturday, July 17, 2010

7/16 Oregon Coast, pt. 3

Today was a much clearer day.... but VERY windy!

An interesting thing happened this morning -- on the way towards the shore this morning (from Crater Lake)... I almost hit a mountain lion with my car! He darted out into the road from the right side, then saw me... and quickly turned from me, running away but staying in the lane I'm driving in.... I slammed on the brakes and I just knew I was going to "rear-end" the big guy. I must have been only a few feet behind him as I'm screeching to a halt and he suddenly shifts in a parallel direction, just to the left, an instant before I would have hit him (I might have actually grazed his tail!)... he's still running in the same direction as the car is going, so now I have this great view of the mountain lion outside my driver's window. I can clearly see his tail, paws, and facial features... and that beautiful running motion is clearly implanted in my mind. By the time the car actually comes to a complete stop... he darts to the left across the road, out of sight.


THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE. But it is the same animal I almost hit.

Oregon Coast:

There must have been something good to eat in those waters!


The beautiful Bandon Beach.






A couple seals (or sea lions)... I can't tell the difference.
















No comments:

Post a Comment