Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Bedroom in My Car

Jim requested I post some pictures of my "bedroom."

When not sleeping in a motel, crashing at a few friends' houses, or using my tent, I've slept in my car quite a bit on this trip.

Several weeks before the road trip, I told my Dad (Don, Uncle Don, Pop-Pop, Poppy) that I wanted to sleep in the car a lot during my trip and figure out the best way to store my supplies/clothes. We looked at the car to see what the possibilities were.... and within a week, Dad (a.k.a Mr. Can-Build-Anything) called me and said he took care of everything! He made a sleeping platform with enough room to store stuff underneath and a cabinet with sliding doors that holds just about everything else.

At night, I need to rearrange things a little, such as the cooler, and I move an extra cushion on top of the back of the passenger seat; that's where I lay my feet.

If I'm in a secure place, I open up the tailgate window and attach a screen with magnets.


When I want more privacy, I put up curtains.


Just me in my comfy little cave.




No comments:

Post a Comment