Saturday, June 26, 2010

6/24 - Cleveland, OH

The first leg of my trip, my friend Billy is accompanying me to Cleveland and Milwaukee... and flying home from there.

Why did we go to Cleveland??? Pretty much, just to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. But as a bonus, we also got to see little Ralphie's house from "A Christmas Story." I'm a nerd... I love that movie!

I must say that Cleveland had a much nicer downtown than I expected. And it was smaller than I thought it would be - as we walked the length of it fairly quickly.

"A CHRISTMAS STORY" HOUSE:

This was the house where they filmed the exterior shots from that classic movie. Some guy bought it and turned it into a museum and tour. We didn't want to pay the $7.50 to enter, so we just took some pics of the exterior.

The beautiful leg lamp.

Out back, where Ralphie almost shot his eye out with the Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot model air rifle.

Ralphie lived on "Cleveland Street."


ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME:
Unfortunately, they didn't allow cameras inside the main display rooms, so I didn't get pictures of all the cool memorabilia from Elvis, the Beatles, and other cool icons of rock. Overall, it was a great museum -- very well done.
Gotta love the architecture!

They had a special exhibit of Bruce's stuff.

The ZZ Top - Eliminator car.

The cars U2 used in their "Zoo" tour.

Johnny Cash's tour bus that he used for many years. He supposedly spent over $500,000 renovating the thing. I looked inside... big waste of money!

View of the Brown's stadium with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Science Center in the background.


The basketball arena for the Cavs (Quicken Loans) and the baseball stadium of the Indians (Progressive Field).

No comments:

Post a Comment