Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just Got My Beautiful Blue Toaster


Well... post #1 - After telling my friend Keisha about my desire to go on a big road trip this coming summer, she suggested I create a blog so that I can share and update my experiences periodically along the way.

It just so happens I ended up buying the perfect road trip car. I just picked up my brand new 2010 Honda Element EX last night. (Didn't take a picture of mine yet, so I'm using a stock pic of one that looks just like mine). Anyway, I love my 'E'! But today, I discovered one thing I don't like about it -- the headlights don't automatically shut off like it did in my Corolla. As a result, I absentmindedly left the lights on this morning, ending up with a dead battery this afternoon. I haven't had to use AAA in over 10 years, and not even owning the car 24 hours, I had to call them. I sincerely hope this isn't a sign of what's to come while on a road trip in the middle of nowhere.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric! Wow1 What a great idea! I love the beautiful pictures! The kids and I traveled cross country (only 9 days)and your pictures of the corn palace and Bad Lands brought back a lot of fun memories! I had forgotten about the Wall drug store until I saw your picture!I remember the toys and candy in there!What a place! So are you hitting the MT. Rushmore? We traveled through a town called Cody Wyoming-that was neat- back in time. It is the home of the Rodeos! You must go and see it! The drive there seems like hours and you are on a lonely high way, then bingo--civilization!
    Another place I hope you get it see is Jackson Wyoming. Really cool! I will keep in touch! Keep those pictures coming and BE SAFE!! LOve you- Deb and Fink Family!
    ps are you going to Yellowstone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb!!! Great to hear from you! It's funny that you asked about those particular places. I am going to Yellowstone in about 30 minutes... and then sleeping in Cody tonight for round two tomorrow. Have a great summer! Any fun plans?

    ReplyDelete